The WELL email server has moved
WELL's email has been relocated outside of Central Office, and onto more secure and robust infrastructure in order to provide an improved mail service to WELL staff and agents.
You will have received via email containing your new username and password for the new mail system (which you can find in the old webmail system). You may access the old webmail system by using the button at the bottom of this page.
How to access to your email
You can easily reconfigure Outlook yourself. If you can not or do not want to use Outlook, you must use the "NEW webmail" (button).
It is highly recommended that you bookmark the new webmail, log in and set up a short version of your signature NOW. This will provide "backup" should you have any issues with configuring Outlook, until we can get around to assisting you.
The follow simple HOWTO's are here for you to configure your Outlook and mobile device.
Potential problems as we transition
- Messages to other WELL people are bouncing - Outlooks autocomplete (address history) does not like to move servers. Clearing the history will fix this and you can do this like so.
- Mail not updating in Outlook? - During the initial synchronisation, please note that new mails may not necessarily appear until you have closed and reopened Outlook. This behaviour will stop once a full synchronisation has occurred.
- Trouble reconfiguring Outlook to the new system? - If you are outside the office and have trouble reconfiguring your email with the tool provided, runPCrun will be happy to help - but please understand that during the first few days there will be delays as we get around to everyone.
- Missing email? - Please note that a small number of mailboxes (generally the people with extremely large inboxes) may have an email periods missing from your new mailbox. We are aware of this and we will be importing any missing mail over the coming month. During this time, you will need to search and access any “missing” email by using the old webmail interface mentioned above (you may also forward it to yourself if required)
- Trouble configuring your mobile device? - In the first week after migration, please email email@example.com with your device type and the error you are getting. We will investigate and get back to you.
I appreciate some of these changes may be disruptive to your working day, but with your help we can get this done as quickly and smoothly as possible.
Please note, the old webmail system does not receive any new email, and is for archival purposes only for a short period after the migration.